Thursday, October 23, 2008

Relationship and his consequences

---
It's very difficult to talk about love. First because it is very personal. Second because we can easily think we have found love but in fact we have not. And at the end, we can be very disappointed. I had always been a "fleur bleue". This French expression means that I fall in love very easily. I was in a relationship during seven years with the same girl, from my 18 years old until my 25 years old. And during these 7 years, I grew up very quickly, in my mind, in my body, in my heart. I have always thought when we are in love, we should sacrifice ourself for the other. Means we should do all we can to make our partner more happy and feeling better. So I did my best to improve my behavior and my thoughts everyday. But you know, we make mistakes every times. And the more we want to ameliorate our behavior, the more we can make mistakes, it makes sense.

We shared so much things that I can't count how many. I had the opportunity to go to USA 3 years ago, but I have preferred leave my country and follow my girlfriend in Belgium, to support her in her studies. I spent all my time over there, working hard to make our life better and better. And I forgot to follow my own choices. I understood rather quickly that I had to act according to my willpower and not that of my partner. But I cannot blam her because I chose to live with her. In fact, when we are in love, we make decisions which can damage us, or blossom us.

Today, I am proud of what I began in the USA, and I have planed to let the loving feelings away, to stay concentrated on my studies. But I will not stop to think very hardly to a girl I met 4 months before my leaving, and that I estimate so much. I hope to find her in France, when my American studies will be over.

2 comments:

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

I suppose I must be your opposite. Not that I think poorly of love or anything, but I have always been so focused on my dreams and making them into a reality that I haven't paid very much, if any, attention to this area.
I really enjoyed reading your thoughts and I understand what you meant about your decisions that can damage or blossom, and I agree to an extent. I think that even if an experience turns out to be painful, it can help to blossom a person if they choose to learn from it. You seem like a clever man, I know you will.