Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Beauty of the World

-----
Who can pretend : "I have no fear" ? Everybody has some! or if not, they are liars or they try to protect themselves saying that.
If we talk about traveling, there are some normal or common fears a lot of people can feel. And one of the most terrible : talking another language with people we don't know. It's, in the same time, terribly exiting, and terribly scaring. This is one of the moment we can improve ourself and know how we can manage. Maybe one of the most important moment in our life.

That's why I think it is very important to travel, especially when we are young. It's a unique experience that can help us to grow up. We need it.
Do you know some people who has never left their country ? even sometimes their city ? I know some. And they are very selfish and not very open-minded.

When I decide to come to USA, here there are my fears : Do I have enough money to live there ? Could I easily talk to new people ? Will I disappoint my parents if I leave my country ? Will I loose my girlfriend ? Will I be equal to the task ?
I had two options : be paralyzed and let my fears impose me to stay in France, or be risky and try to learn more about myself.

I did the choice you know ... and I have no regret. I met so many people coming from so many places around the world ... I can now easily go everywhere and continue to feel fears because of traveling ... but I will know how extraordinary will be the experience, even if I'm scared!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I'm glad that you made the trip too.
You have helped me to have a good impression of French people. Let's just say I had other opinions before >-<;

How long do you plan to study in the US?

Ben said...

Actually, I'll do my CESL term and I'll stop ... I'm just enjoying 2 months of studies here, and I'll go back to France ...
But I'll come back to the US on January to make a trip all around the country with my girlfriend :)